Why Trust Helpd?
What is Helpd?
Helpd is a home care agency with a difference. We are an intermediary who brings clients and self-employed carers together. For our clients this means:
- You can choose who cares for you and you can agree on the arrangements together, meaning you get the tailored and flexible care that you, or your family member, need.
- Our business model means our fees can be lower than a traditional agency, so you pay less, and your carer is paid more.
- We hold funds in a separate client account so that money is released to the carer upon completion of the work, thus providing you with financial protection.
- All our carers and helpers are subject to a multi-stage vetting and interview system, meaning only the best successfully make it through – giving you peace of mind.
- The way we work facilitates building a better and more meaningful relationship with your carer
Our clients and families choose us because we empower them to take control of their care, whilst still having the support of a third party to assist will all the paperwork and vetting. Unlike some agencies, we offer flexibility and choice. You can decide on the type of care you need and how long and how often one of our highly experienced carers will come and help. You can choose from as little as 30 minutes of care a day to employing a live-in carer. We understand that personality is a huge part of a successful client/carer relationship, and that is why we expect carers to score highly at interview stage on qualities such as responsibility, punctuality, patience, cheery demeanour, professionalism and trustworthiness, to name but a few.
How does Helpd work?
If you, or a loved one, need some support with home or domiciliary care, our website can help you. Using Helpd is an easy three-step process and, if you need any help, please feel free to call our friendly staff, on 0118 4492373.
- Choose what you need help with
The first step is to identify your or a loved one’s care needs. If you are not sure what you need, you can request a FREE care assessment. Once you know your needs, take a look at our Find a helper section and take a look at our list of local carers. We find, select, thoroughly interview twice, scenario-test, reference check and background check carers who have up to date, unblemished DBS’s, are self-employed and provide their services directly.
- Select your helper
Find your perfect helper or carer local to you (or nationwide for live-in care) at the price advertised on the Helper’s profile page. We take care of the contract and billing for you and the helper.
- Book your visit
Once you have found a helper or carer you think is suitable then all you need to do is book a visit. At Helpd, you pay less than using a traditional care agency and the Helper generally gets paid more. You choose your carer and you will only ever be visited by the carer you choose. When you’ve selected your carer, you will pay through our website via a card payment. The funds will then go into escrow (a safe and secure 3rd party account) and when you tell us the service has been delivered, we will release funds to the carer. This protects our clients financially and means all work is completed to a satisfactory standard before funds are released.