Medication Management in Home Care
Our expert carers can help you with medication management in the home. When you are ill or elderly, you may have a number of prescriptions. Not taking medications appropriately, or sometimes forgetting, can have adverse health effects, which may result in a further decline in health and admissions to hospital.
Our highly trained and qualified carers can help you or a loved one to ensure that:
- – No medications are missed out
- – Medication mistakes that may lead to harmful drug interactions are avoided
- – There is sufficient help with administering injections
- – Medications are taken as prescribed
- – Pain is managed adequately
- – Prescriptions are picked up, when required
Ensuring that medication is taken as it should be, can be key to keeping independence while ill or during old age. Our carers can help with medication management, as well as other caring and clinical tasks, either on a visiting or a live-in basis.
If you are looking for home care that is flexible and tailored to your requirements, contact Helpd today on 0118 449 237 for a FREE consolation.
How can Helpd assist?
Whether you are looking for home care for yourself, your partner or a family member, we can help you with your care needs. Our flexible approach means you can find care in the home that is tailored to you or your loved one’s needs. Home care offers not just basic personal and medical care, but companionship and continuity, which can help boost both physical and mental health.
Helpd is an agency that connects clients with highly qualified home carers offering the specific service required. By being self-employed, carers can offer flexibility, familiarity and continuity. Also, their care services will usually cost you less and the carer often gets paid more. Many traditional care agencies take up to 50% of what is charged to the client, at Helpd we only charge a small admin fee of 20%.
We have a robust and rigorous vetting and interview policy that means we only let the best carers advertise on our website. By choosing to hire your own carer through Helpd, you benefit from:
- – Seeing the same person who is familiar with your needs and routine
- – Having continuity of care
- – Help from our knowledgeable staff with choosing and booking your own carer
- – Access to technology that will help you with contracts and making safe and secure payments
- – Building a better relationship with your carer
How Helpd Works?
At Helpd, we match clients with self-employed carers. When choosing a carer with us, all you need to do is:
- – Define your care needs. If you need a little help in understanding what you need from a carer then contact us today for a FREE care assessment.
- – Search through our approved list of carers once you know the services you require
- – Contact a carer that appeals to you and meet with them
- – once you’ve found the perfect carer, we will take care of the contracts and billing, so you don’t have to worry
How to pay for home care?
Paying for care can be a worry; however, depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to help with paying for home care. Funding can come from a number of sources including:
- – NHS
- – Attendance Allowance
- – Other benefits (i.e. PIP)
- – Local authority
- – Charities (i.e. Age UK)
- – Health insurance
How much you will get will depend on your care needs, the value of your assets and your mobility. It is also possible to self-fund home care, especially if you or a loved one only need a handful of hours a week of help. Choosing home care can, in some cases, be the most practical and cost-effective solution for elderly care. Care homes can sometimes be more expensive and most people who need care prefer to stay in their own home surrounded by things that are familiar and their community. For more information on funding home care, take a look at our guide for paying for care at home.
If you are looking to hire a carer to help you or a loved one with home care, contact us today on 0118 4492373 or message us here for a free care assessment.