Quality Live-In Care at Home, Across the UK
If you find that you, or a family member, need regular or round-the-clock care, then live in care may be the best choice for you. As well as being more cost-effective than local care homes, hiring a live-in carer allows you, or your loved one, to stay in their own home, surrounded by close friends, pets, community and family for as long as possible.
We’re here to help to offer care, advice and to discuss your options. Let Helpd take the stress out of planning care for you or your loved one. Contact us today on 0118 449 2373 or get in touch online.
What is live-in care?
Live-in care allows you to stay in your own home, surrounded by your possessions, pets, family and friends instead of moving to a care home. We will match you with a wonderful live in carer to put you back in control and make your care positive, simple and affordable. The service offered by your live-in carer will be tailored your loved one’s needs – so, your carer can help with as much or as little as you like, allowing your loved one to keep the same routines.
The tasks our live-in cam can undertake can depend on the individual and your needs, but typically a live-in carer will help you with:
- – Assisting with eating and drinking
- – Cooking
- – Companionship
- – Medication prompting
- – Personal care, (such as bathing, grooming and dressing)
- – Assisting with any paperwork that may need filling in
- – Shopping
- – Help with attending appointments
- – Clinical needs, (such as catheter care and peg feeding)
- – Housekeeping
Why choose us?
At Helpd, we can assist you in finding the right carer for you to give you live in care at the right cost. We act as a live in care agency that connects clients looking for personal live-in care, with carers offering that service.
As all of our carers are self-employed, not only do carers get paid more than they would if they worked for a traditional agency, but their service will cost you less. This is because at Helpd, we charge far less for admit and management fees than traditional care agencies.
All of the carers featured on our website are vetted thoroughly, giving you the peace of mind that you, or your loved one, is in good hands.
What are the live in care costs?
The costs of live-in care can vary depending on your needs. According to PayingForCare, a report by healthcare specialists Laing & Buisson in 2013/14) the average cost of a care home in the UK is £29,270 and if nursing care is required the price rises to £39,300. The cost is much less for live in care, but this is depending on where you live and your, or your loved one’s requirements.
Dorothy had always wanted to remain at home, she had seen her husband move into residential care after 41 years of marriage and knew it was something that she didn’t want to do. When Dorothy was diagnosed with dementia her sons, James and Robert, understood her wish to stay at home, and wanted to honour her decision. They knew that their mother needed a companion, and not just someone to help with jobs and the daily routine.
Unfortunately, when Dorothy’s sons got in touch, they had reached crisis point and Dorothy was no longer safe living alone at home. We supported James and Robert in finding a suitable carer with relevant dementia experience and training, and who was available to start within a matter of days.READ DOROTHY'S STORY & MORE
If you’re looking for live-in care and wondering about the costs involved, call us on 0118 449 2373, or request a free callback below.
5 star average rating
- Really pleased I found this site. Very informative and professional. It was a great help to receive real support for my poor wife. She has been through a lot in the last 9 years so needs this level of support and service . Well done !
3 weeks ago
- Excellent organisation, well informed and know the local sector inside out. Great at pointing you in the right direction without using the hard sell.
3 weeks ago
- Nice to see a modern business with old fashioned customer care. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff.
2 weeks ago
- Excellent business with a really informative, well designed website.
a week ago
- Very professional and understanding staff. Talked me through the process and helped me with the planning of my care
a week ago
- Great range of carers and very knowledgeable staff
a week ago
- Really glad I found this site! They have been so supportive and helped us to organise care for my Dad. I particularly like the fact that you can vet carers online before you book them – the website takes care of everything!
5 months ago
- Very professional service, great concept especially if you want your carer to be better paid.
5 months ago
100% Positive Feedback!
- We are dedicated to putting you in control of your care needs.
- We carefully source, interview, reference check and list the best carers in your area.
- We offer a simple and user friendly system to match your needs to Helpers skills.
- You and the carer agree on a price and set a contract period that is right for both of you.
- We provide the technology and support with contracts and safe payment for your peace of mind.
- You cut out the costs of the care agency and pay less, while the helpers get paid more.
Helpd deserves even more than 5 stars
I have only good things to say about Holpd, different from other places th. treat carers with indifference, Holpd treats carers with respect and value their opinions and situations. Helpd always thinks about the clients that would suit the carers best, either personality wise, job wise, etc. I have always had full support from Holpd and the clients given to ma have been absolutely fantastic too. Luca and Sumita are very professional and supportive. Holpd deserves oven more than 5 stars!
How it Works
- 1Get in touch now!Contact us and tell us about your situation. Whether you are looking for live in carer for yourself or a loved we will answer any questions and we will then make a detailed list of your requirements and preferences.
- 2Short list of carersWe will liaise with the carers on our database that match what you need. We will then send you a list of carers who wish to provide the live-in care service that you need when and where you need it. You may speak to the carers to find out more and we can help you with your choice.
- 3Book the carerWe will book the carer for you and make arrangements for the live in carer to arrive when and where they are needed. You pay less than using a traditional care agency and the carer gets paid more. You will only ever be visited by the carer you choose.