My caring journey began when I looked after my mother who suffered with emphysema during the last 5 years of her life. I also have experience working as a domiciliary carer in the North East. This involved visiting multiple clients on a daily basis every day of the week. It required a lot of training, skill and the ability to work on my own as well as in a team. I ventured into live-in care work, which I prefer and love. I have been a carer to 3 males of differing ages with spinal injuries. I am looking for a long term role so that I can provide continuity of care to whoever requires my services.
'I found Tony to be extremely honest, very reliable and throughout the years he has helped me immensely by taking me to numerous hospital, dentist and doctor's appointments.
He has a great sense of humour and has been very good company to me.'
(J.M- former client and long term friend)
'I have known Tony for about five months. he has been caring for my husband. I find him very helpful, trustworthy, and very patient. He is very good at his job'
(S.R- wife of client)
Tony is extremely likeable, professional and skilled. We would have him back tomorrow!
Posted By: David A | 28-12-2018
- Gender Male
- Address TA24, Somerset
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 6+ years
- Qualifications ELearning, In-house training
- Available Types of care Live in / Respite care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Gardening, Accompanying to Appointments, Driving client in your own car, Driving client in their car, General help and organisation, Fitness goals/ health and wellbeing
- Specialist skills Use of a hoist, Dressing of wounds, Managing a catheter
- Interests Photography, visiting castles and stately homes, crosswords. DIY
- License Has Driver's License
- Insurance No carer's liability insurance
- Physical Disability
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.