The one to one nature of live in care enables me to be the carer that I want to be. I can give my clients my full attention and can deliver person centred care. I do not believe that the routine and number of clients found in care home settings allows for clients to have the one to one attention that they need. I find live in care work very rewarding. I enjoy helping someone to achieve their goals and retain their independence. I have lots of experience of caring with people with dementia. I have worked with couples, families and individual clients. I am adaptable to any situation and have the excellent communication skills required to care for a variety of people. Please message me if you have any questions or if you would like to book my services!
'Kessie came to work as a live in carer for my son whilst I was in hospital. She stayed with him for a month. He needed care as he was PEG fed, could not see, had emphysema and had had a stroke. Kessie was lovely towards him. She carried out all his personal care, including hoisting him when required. She gave him insulin when needed. She was very friendly and caring. I would recommend her to anyone without a doubt. '
(J.E- mother of client)
Thank you Katherine for stepping in at short notice and providing great night care for my mum when it was needed most.
Posted By: Cowley W | 23-01-2019
Great work as usual.
Posted By: Anne Y | 04-01-2019
"I am very happy with Kessie. She kept the house so spotless that the cleaner said she would be out of a job! Cooking was very good and got on well with the client very well and provided great support!"
Posted By: Anne Y | 13-12-2018
- Gender Female
- Address HX1, HALIFAX
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 20+ years
- Qualifications Care related NVQ, ELearning
- Available Types of care Live in / Respite care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Gardening, Accompanying to Appointments, Driving client in your own car, General help and organisation, Fitness goals/ health and wellbeing
- Specialist skills
- Interests Arts and crafts, gardening, photography, complimentary medicine such as. Massage reflexology, new age travel
- License Has Driver's License
- Insurance No carer's liability insurance
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End-of-life care
- Physical Disability
- Brain Injury
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.