I have worked as a live in carer for clients with a range of conditions and I know that a good live in carer has to be very organised as you are there to look after the client and the household. I have experience of general care, vascular dementia, stroke and M.S. I have had to carry out tasks such as using hoists and feeding clients, peg feeding and caring for clients that suffer from paralysis. I believe that I am a good carer who is both sympathetic and empathetic. I am able to relate to what my client is going through and will help them accordingly. I like to assist my clients to be as independent as possible. I have had long term clients for over 2 years that I have been booked to return to. Sadly some of these clients have since passed and therefore I am looking for new clients to care for. Please message me if you have any questions or if you would like to book my services.
'I have known Carol for more than 30 years, we were in the same Language Faculty working for many years as fulltime teachers in Milton Keynes. I know the applicant both as a colleague and as a friend. Carol is to my knowledge a very reliable, honest and trustworthy, patient, compassionate and punctual employee. She has a good and valuable experience of working as a carer, is always acting in a responsible manner and ready to help. She is kind and able to apply herself to her tasks. She can also easily adapt to various people's needs and personalities.
From her previous experience(both in and outside teaching), she has gained effective skills which will be transferred to her future position. I can thoroughly recommend Carol to this post of care support worker as she will be a credit to your organisation.'
(C.P- former colleague)
'Reliable and hardworking. Very articulate with a great appetite for life. Deals with problems head on and has an intelligent grasp of life’s idiosyncrasies.'
(K.S- former colleague)
Carol was very attentive and gave my mother excellent care. She is also great company.
Posted By: Elizabeth D | 25-03-2019
Excellent work! Thank you, Carol!
Posted By: David A | 11-01-2019
Great, service, thank you.
Posted By: David A | 28-12-2018
- Gender Female
- Address LS15, Leeds
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 6+ years
- Qualifications Care related NVQ
- Available Types of care Live in / Respite care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Gardening, Accompanying to Appointments, Driving client in their car, General help and organisation, Fitness goals/ health and wellbeing
- Specialist skills Use of a hoist, Peg Feeding, Managing a catheter
- Interests Travelling, reading, writing, theatre and cinema
- License Has Driver's License
- Insurance No carer's liability insurance
- Mental Health
- End-of-life care
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.