I have experience caring for children with additional needs within a nursery setting. I am a young carer who is gaining more and more experience as I work with a variety of clients. I have an EYE level 3 qualification and a 12 hour paediatric first aid qualification. I have helped a young person with physical and emotional needs through one-to-one support in a mainstream activity. This enabled that client to access the community and engage in an activity that he would not have been able to attend without my support. This kind of experience has not only helped me become a better carer, it has given me great satisfaction to know that I have made a difference to a young boy's life. Please message me if you would like to know more or if you could like to arrange care!
'Amy volunteered her time to help a young boy with additional needs attend Scouts. She was reliable and trustworthy and her help made a big difference to the young boy. I believe Amy would be an very well suited to the position of a carer, she attended training to become one of our volunteers and implemented what she learnt about additional needs to help the young boy she was matched with.'
(J.H previous employer)
Amy cooked for us - it was delicious and she left the kitchen clean and tidy. Such a lovely girl.
Posted By: Paul S | 24-09-2018
Posted By: Marcia K | 19-08-2018
Posted By: Marcia K | 27-07-2018
Posted By: Marcia K | 10-07-2018
- Gender Female
- Address RG5, Reading
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 1+ years
- Qualifications Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Available Types of care Day Care, Evening Care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Accompanying to Appointments, Driving client in your own car, General help and organisation
- Specialist skills
- Interests Baking, Crafts, card making
- License Has Driver's License
- Insurance No carer's liability insurance
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disability
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.