I have worked as a carer for many years in both a nursing home and out in the community and I always encourage my clients to be as independent as possible. During this time I have gained lots of experience and encountered clients with dementia, end of life, stroke and Parkinsons. My daily tasks usually include personal care, dietary and fluid encouragement, catheter care and stoma care. I am always keen to learn and better myself so that I can be the best carer for my clients. One of my greatest achievements has been to care for a man with a severe pressure sore. I managed to assist him to recover from this. I get great job satisfaction in seeing my clients quality of life improve. Please message me if you have any questions or would like to book care.
'I have employed Sarah on two separate occasions as a carer for two different nursing homes that I managed. She is very empathetic, she goes the extra mile for her clients. She loved attending training as she always wants to better herself.
I would give her new carers to train as I knew that if they shadowed her they would learn the right way to care.
Sarah needed very little supervision as she carried out her tasks very well.
She was very good with difficult situations such as palliative care.'
( L.M- previous manager)
'She was the best carer I have ever seen work. Her attention to detail and respect for the client was great. She has a really good approach and ethos to her clients. Her knowledge and whole caring ability was really good.
She encouraged the client to move forward with his condition, I have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone and would definitely let her look after any member of my family.'
( C.P- colleague)
- Gender Female
- Address Gu11, Aldershot
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 10+ years
- Qualifications Care related NVQ
- Available Types of care Day Care, Evening Care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Gardening, Accompanying to Appointments, Driving client in your own car, General help and organisation
- Specialist skills Use of a hoist, Dressing of wounds, Managing a catheter, Managing a stoma
- Interests Music, theatre
- License Has Driver's License
- Insurance Has carer's liability insurance
- Mental Health
- End-of-life care
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.