I take the time to get to know the client and their needs which helps me assist them in living their life to the full. Giving care to others is a is a joy for me. Seeing people being comfortable in their skin and with their environment as a result of my help gives me great happiness. I cared for several elderly gentlemen and gained valuable experience on how to assist with stroke, paralysis, Alzheimer`s and general short term memory loss. I encourage clients' independence as much as possible while being responsible for maintaining household security management. I prepare meals, plan menus, carry out the shopping and am happy to assist with eating. I have experience with incontinence and catheter care and also all aspects of washing and dressing always keeping in mind the clients' dignity. I have used a hoist and other handling equipment. I actively encourage my clients' hobbies, interests, social activities and independence. I can assist with going out to the cinema, to the bub, bowling , sailing or carting or any activity! I make sure that the client can live an interesting and varied life. I have attended and facilitated family visits or family travels abroad without interrupting their family vibe. I enjoy escorting my clients swimming and assisting them with hydrotherapy. Please message me if you have any questions at all or if you would like to arrange care.
"Peter is excellent in terms of relationships, with clients and colleagues, communication, time keeping, attendance. He is honest and I would have no hesitation in re-employing him.
My husband is disabled from the waist down and has many specific and quite tricky physical requirements. He is also severely bipolar and also Asperger’s. Peter has been coming here over several years to work as cover carer for my husband, for a month each time, when my husband’s usual carer is on holiday. When Peter first came, it was in an emergency, when the usual carer was ill. Peter came at once (he had just finished a placement) and was a godsend. Peter is supremely capable, very cheerful, apparently impossible to tire out, and good at driving and coping in general. Peter’s position as carer here meant that he was around 24 / 7, and was very easy to have about the house."
"Peter is very friendly, responsible, patient, even-tempered and adapts to new situations very easily". (JA previous employer.)
Peter is a great guy, he will be coming back.
Posted By: Jo H | 02-01-2019
Looking forward to Peter's return after his break.
Posted By: Jo H | 16-07-2018
Peter is great, thank you!
Posted By: Jo H | 25-06-2018
- Gender Male
- Address CV36, Shipston On Stour
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 7+ years
- Qualifications Care related NVQ, In-house training
- Available Types of care Live in / Respite care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Accompanying to Appointments, Driving client in your own car, Driving client in their car, General help and organisation, Fitness goals/ health and wellbeing
- Specialist skills Use of a hoist, Dressing of wounds
- Interests Surfing, motorcycling, the great outdoors and music etc
- License Has Driver's License
- Insurance No carer's liability insurance
- Physical Disability
- Brain Injury
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.