I have been very lucky to care for clients of all ages and backgrounds throughout my career in care. I have integrity, am respectful of clients, understanding, flexible and patient. I have worked in a variety of settings such as care homes, day centres and community care. I have cared for clients with dementia, learning disabilities, brain injury and many other conditions. I am competent and experienced in looking after stoma bags, peg feeding and various moving and handling equipment. I believe that to care for another human being is very much an act of kindness. I find my job very rewarding and it gives me great job satisfaction. Please message me if you have any questions at all our if you would like to arrange care.
'My father suffered a serious stroke last year and ever since we have needed help providing palliative care. e.g. bathing him, helping him get in and out of bed, going to the toilet, physiotherapy, etc. Leslie looked after my father , and both my father and I couldn’t have been happier with the considerate and professional level of care she provided. She was sensitive to our needs, engaging, pleasant company and went above and beyond the scope of her duties, cleaning my father’s house top to bottom, organising his wardrobe and setting up a weekly Internet shopping order and delivery with Tesco.' (S.F - son of client)
Leslie was a great help during her stay with me. She is a fast learner, patient, professional and great company. Looking forward to her next visit.
Posted By: Amy D | 06-08-2018
Very experienced and compassionate carer. Stepped in at short notice and did a great job.
Posted By: Cowley W | 19-07-2018
- Gender Female
- Address NG10, Nottingham
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 6+ years
- Qualifications Care related NVQ, ELearning, In-house training
- Available Types of care Day Care, Evening Care, Night Care, Live in / Respite care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Accompanying to Appointments, General help and organisation, Fitness goals/ health and wellbeing
- Specialist skills Use of a hoist, Dressing of wounds, Peg Feeding, Ventilator care, Managing a catheter, Managing a stoma
- Interests Cycling, yoga, hiking, drawing, reading, cooking
- License Has Driver's License
- Insurance Has carer's liability insurance
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End-of-life care
- Physical Disability
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.