I have worked as a live-in carer for 4 years. I have also worked as a night carer, private carer and one to one support worker. I have had the opportunity to support clients of different age groups with different medical conditions including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Dementia. I also have knowledge and experience in critical, palliative and complex care including spinal and head injury. My duties have involved assisting with the maintenance of clients' hygiene, washing, bathing clients in bed and in the bathroom using the hoist as appropriate, and also assisting with elimination needs. I have also been involved with caring of incontinence and prevention of bed sores, moving and re positioning of clients, medication assistance, shopping and assisting to appointments. I am a motivated individual with a highly effective communication style. I am an efficient worker who demonstrates strong time management and prioritisation skills. I am keen to ensure a high quality of life for my clients so am keen to involve them in any social activities of their choice. I am experienced in working with my client's family as well as other health care professionals to ensure that the time spent with my client is beneficial for them. Please message me if you have any questions or would like to book live in care.
'I would highly recommend Meggie to any company. She is well organised, dependable, timely, trustworthy, and always brings a positive attitude to her work. Meggie always provided a high standard of care to our customers. She is well liked by everyone including our customers.'
(J.S- previous employer)
Meggie has been a godsend for my dad and has been amazing in the most testing of conditions.
Posted By: Stephen D | 28-10-2018
Calm, capable and kind, Meggie is the perfect support to my dad.
Posted By: Stephen D | 08-10-2018
Very kind, calm, gentle and capable live in carer.
Posted By: Antony T | 02-10-2018
Very good service. Calm, capable and great communication.
Posted By: Stephen D | 03-09-2018
- Gender Female
- Address SE20, London
- DBS check approved? Yes
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Experience 8+ years
- Qualifications Care related NVQ, ELearning, In-house training, Care Related Training
- Available Types of care Day Care, Evening Care, Night Care, Live in / Respite care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Gardening, Accompanying to Appointments, General help and organisation, Fitness goals/ health and wellbeing
- Specialist skills Use of a hoist, Peg Feeding, Ventilator care, Managing a catheter, Managing a stoma
- License No Driver's License
- Insurance No carer's liability insurance
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End-of-life care
- Physical Disability
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.