I am skilled, trustworthy and hardworking and you can rest assured that I will take great care of your loved one. I have a vast range of care and life experience that I use to make sure the physical and psychological needs of my client is always met. I have worked in care for over 20 years, in the NHS, private and charitable sector and and it has been my pleasure to help people suffering from dementia, strokes, learning disability, spinal injury, brain injuries and mental health problems to live the most fulfilled lives possible. I am very calm under pressure, sensitive to the needs of both the client and their family and a very confident and effective communicator. I believe in making life as enjoyable, positive and fulfilled as possible for clients and encourage them to be confident and happy. I have a level NVQ3 in health and social care and am very skillful and tactful when providing all types of personal care including, ulcer care, bathing, stoma and catheter care. I am a good cook and believe in cooking meals for my client which are appealing, nutritious and with great presentation. I am able to manage a household in terms of finances, cooking, cleaning and also health care visits for the client.
“Sandra has been working for the care of our uncle for the past 4 years. She is a hard working lady, confident in what she does and shows great compassion. Living in a village she has slotted in with all the neighbours and has been popular. She is always on time and very trustworthy. She regularly drives Ron's disabled van and is a very competent driver. I would have no hesitation in employing her again”. Sheila P
"I have known Sandra for the last 25 years and have always found her to be dependable, hard-working, conscientious, compassionate and honest. She is passionate and enthusiastic about her work and has great transferable skills developed from years of experience and training. I very much recommend Sandra who I feel sure will be an asset to any client or employer and who is a very well respected health professional”. Ms K.M. (NHS).
Posted By: Antony T | 01-05-2018
Sandra is a vey calm and knowledgeable lady and understood how to get on with my mother. AT
Posted By: Antony T | 01-05-2018
- Gender Female
- Address FY8, St. Annes
- DBS check? No
- Right to work in UK Yes
- Carer's Liability Insurance? Yes
- Experience 20+ years
- Qualifications Care related NVQ, In-house training
- Types of care offered Night Care, Live in / Respite care
- Able to help Food prep and Cooking, Paperwork, Shopping, Cleaning, Laundry
- Other help Companionship, Gardening, Accompanying to Appointments, Driving client in your own car, Driving client in their car, General help and organisation, Fitness goals/ health and wellbeing
- Specialist skills Use of a hoist, Dressing of wounds, Managing a catheter, Managing a stoma
- Interests Walking, art, music, reading and backgammon.
- Driving Licence? Yes
- Drives Client Car? Yes
- Drives Own Car? Yes
- Other Languages None
- Is Smoker? No
- Cat Friendly? Yes
- Dog Friendly? Yes
- Mental Health
- End-of-life care
- Physical Disability
- Brain Injury
- Neurological Care
- Choose this option if you need one-off care.
- You can use the hours you pay for at a mutually agreed time over the subsequent weeks and months.
- If times and dates are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Choose the number of hours and pay by card.
- When service has been delivered, release funds to Helper and leave a review.
- Please see T&C's for details.
- Choose this option if you need care on a regular basis.
- This type of agreement may run up to 6 months and may be cancelled with 14 days' notice. Please see T&C's for details.
- If times are critical to you, please agree this with your Helper beforehand on the Helpd message system.
- Select the days and number of hours you need each week and also the date range, and then pay online.
- Pay the first weekly card payment in advance and then again at the start of each week.
- At the end of the week you will be sent a link to prompt you to release funds to Helper.
- Don't worry if your helper does a few more or less hours than agreed as the invoice can easily be adjusted before being released.